About Midnight Nanny
Nanny was created by Christine in 2010 in Sacramento, CA. Christine's
idea came to her late one night as she was caring for her 6 month old
nephew. He didn't sleep well at night and whoever was caring for him was
always sleep deprived the next day. She thought that offering a
specialty nanny service to sleep deprived parents would be a hit.
she began creating MN she decided to flip her schedule so that she
could stay up all night to care for her nephew while his mom slept, and
then when she got up Christine could go to bed. The plan was a success!
Nobody was sleep deprived and the baby had constant care provided for
Christine continued to build MN and got her first client in March of 2010 working with 6 week old twins. Since then she has become a Newborn Care Specialist and has continued providing newborn care as Midnight Nanny.
Prior to creating Midnight Nanny, Christine had a background as a nanny. She has over 25 years of combined experience providing quality child care for friends, family, in her community and professionally.
A Newborn Care Specialist is an individual trained and skilled in newborn care. She provides unique expertise in all aspects of newborn care, parental education and support. Her job is to help nurture and care for newborns while providing guidance and education for the parents.
The primary role of a Newborn Care Specialist
is to provide assistance and education after the parents bring the baby
home from the hospital. Many times this help will include scheduling,
feeding, sleep training, help with breast feeding and more.
What services does a Newborn Care Specialist provide?
Newborn Care Specialists will generally work night shifts managing the baby's care while the parents sleep restfully. When the baby wakes up, the Newborn Care Specialist feeds by bottle or brings the baby to the mom for nursing. After feeding, the baby is burped and changed and put back to bed.
What are the general duties of a NCS?
A Newborn Care Specialist will typically perform the following duties:
• Educate and support parents.
• Create a smooth transition for family during the newborn stage.
• Troubleshoot potential issues of concern with the newborn and offer professional options to resolve them.
• Maintain a thorough log of infant feeding and sleep patterns.
• Assist mother with any feeding issues she may have, including the facilitation of breastfeeding and be knowledgeable in answering breastfeeding related questions.
• Soothes babies using skilled and proven techniques that help calm newborns.
• To provide care for the newborn and perform some or all of the following tasks:
• Bottle Preparation (Breastmilk & Formula)
• Bottle Cleaning
• Create a regular feeding schedule
• Assist in establishing healthy sleep habits
• Maintain a thorough log of eating, sleeping and behavioral patterns
• Take over complete care of newborn at night to provide parents time to sleep